Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Self Portrait/ Bad Veins/ In Flight/ Red River George/ Of Montreal

I'm getting a little behind with posts lately so I crammed everything into one, there's quite a bit of variety...music/art, nature/fire, flying, I hope you enjoy. Of Montreal played the Madison Theater last Thursday night. The place was packed, especially on the floor, so I couldn't get up front and therefor all of my shots are very wide. The music was pretty good, they sounded solid, the video animation and stage antics were very cool.







::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I camped a couple nights at the Red River Gorge.
The first photo is a nice spot to stargaze at night, hence a big rock thats behind me, not in the photo, called stargazers rock, but it's also a sweet spot to watch the fog roll out of the gorge. The second photo is what the fire does when Jason continuously scratches the logs in the campfire. It was like a caveman laser show.





::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


This is a photo flying over the Ohio river by Kellogg Ave. The jet plane was very small, only a six seater. If you look really close you can see River Downs race track in the front corner of the right window.


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Doc C and I went to see our FAVORITE local band Bad Veins at the Mad Hatter last month. They killed it like always and I'm bummed I won't be able to see them again for quite a while, but the good news is they signed to Dangerbird Records and I'll hopefully be getting a vinyl record of their first full length album July 21 or hereafter. Listen to some of the tunes here.






::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

a portrait of me?

No comments: